I’m doing a mini-project comparing attitudes about death in various groups with particular stressors on their lives (including emergency medical staff, queer people and people with a family history of depression) and I’m hoping that some of you would help me out by answering a few questions.
If you would like to leave a few comments a well, and include your name and age I may quote you in my write-up, but this is optional.
As well, feel free to answer anonymously.
1. Name and age and sex (optional):
2. Which of the following apply to you:
-Queer (Lesbian, gay, bi, transsexual, intersex, queer, questioning)
-I work in a high-stress field (specify)
-I have a history of depression
-There is a history of depression in my family
-Other factors which may be relevant (specify)
-None of the Above.
3a. Have you ever contemplated suicide? Attempted it?
3b. If the answer to the above is yes, what would you say were the top three factors in those thoughts.
4. Has anyone close to you ever attempted or committed suicide? How did you deal with this?
5. Do you view death as positive or negative or neither? Explain.
6. Do you believe in an afterlife of any sort?
Please add any other comments you have on this topic.